Friday, September 16, 2005

What I've Learned About Rosacea : There is No Miracle Cure

There is no miracle cure for rosacea. Learn to live with your rosacea, because it's probably not going to go away any time soon. Do what you have to do to work around the problem, but continue to live your life as fully as possible (even on those days when you don't feel that it's possible). Your life needs to be much more than just worrying about your face 24/7. I know this is a tough one. Iwould have missed out on so much over the last 33 years if I had not learned (eventually, and not always successfully) to live with my rosacea. Calculate how much time you think (or obsess) about your face in a day, week, month. Think about how many times you've skipped doing things "because of your rosacea". Imagine how much you're going to miss, if there's no complete cure for several more decades. I never thought, when I was diagnosed with rosacea in 1972, that there'd be no cure during the first half of my life. We had just put a man on the moon a few years before my diagnosis. Who would have thought that I'd still be dealing with rosacea every day 33 years later? Certainly not me. Don't give up living your life until your face looks perfect. I am sorry and sad that this may never happen for some of us.