Monday, September 19, 2005

What I've Learned About Rosacea : Find A Compassionate Doctor

Find a caring, compassionate doctor...one who will take time to listen to your issues, and is willing to try creative solutions.This may mean that you have better luck with your family care practitioner than with some dermatologists. Do your own research before seeing a doctor. Read the Rosacea archives on Yahoo. You need to ask the right questions, and you need to know if something they're recommending is harmful to a rosacea face. It's sad, but you may actually end up knowing more about rosacea than some doctors. I've had a few great doctors who admitted that they did not know much more about rosacea than what they learned in medical school. But, they were willing to look over (and then try) whatever I had found in my research. I've also had a few truly awful doctors (arrogant in their ignorance) who prescribed things that sent me to Rosacea Hell (Retin-A, alpha-hydroxy, Benzoyl Peroxide ...the list goes on & on).

~Nancy